Want some fun, and healthy recipes to make with your kids this summer? Cool down in the heat and spend time with the kids making these awesome recipes!
Rainbow Fruit Kebabs
These fun fruit kababs aid in refining the child’s visual perception of colour as well offering a conscious awareness of colours in the environment.
- Fruit of various colours
- Cut up your favourite fruits into bite sized pieces
- With one hand, hold the skewer and the other, a piece of cut fruit
- Push the fruit onto the skewer!
- Repeat with lots of different fruits and colours!
These fruity poles are a great alternative to store-bought ice blocks. All you need is some is a few ice block molds, some fruit and water.
Cut up some of your child’s favourite fruit and it into the fruit molds, topping up with water. Then place in the freezer and come back when your kids need snack!
Surprise your kids with this original and fun snail sandwich. All you need is some bread and filling/ spread. Just cut the crusts off a few slices of bread and roll them into thin rectangles (about 5cm in width). Then spread your chosen filling or spread over the bread and fill with any additional ingredients and bake (optional).
This homemade pizza bread recipe has quickly become a to-go appetiser recipe for me. It’s versatility and great pizza flavour makes it a party favourite!
- Tomato paste
- Put your bread in the toaster until lightly golden
- Spread the tomato paste on your toast
- Cut up your other ingredients and decorate your toast.