This wooden box is divided into nine section. Each section contained seven shades of nine different colours: blue, red, yellow, orange, green, purple, pink, brown and grey.
- Refine the child’s visual perception of colour
- Extend the child’s vocabulary
- Give a conscious awareness of colours in the environment
- Develop a metal sense of order
- Teach a visual difference of darkest to lightest of each shade
If you would like to see a demonstration of this activity, please view the video below:
The Colour Box is best suited to children aged three and onwards.