A large wooden box containing ten 3D shapes. These shapes are all blue in colour
Curved Regular Solids:
- Sphere – ball shaped
- Ovoid – egg shaped
- Ellipsoid – similar to the ovoid but both ends are the same shape
Semi-Regular Solids with curved and straight edges:
Semi-Regular Solids with straight lines:
- Square Base Pyramid
- Triangular Base Pyramid
- Rectangular Prism/Cuboid
- Triangular Prism
Prisms: have regular shaped bases and each side is a rectangle.
Pyramids: have regular shaped bases and sides, which are isosceles triangles.
- To provide experience of solid shapes in the environment.
- To develop an understanding of the relationship between shapes.
- To develop the child’s language and vocabulary.
- To develop the child’s muscular and tactile sense (stereognostic sense).
Age: From 4 Years onwards
This is in the 3-6 sensorial programme.